Saturday 21 July 2012

CRAFT DIY - Hand carved stamps


I love rubber stamps. There is so much you can do with a simple stamp; you can make cards, make gift wrap, jazz up a diary or notebook. Lately I have seen so many blog posts dedicated to hand carving your own designs, and it is so simple to do. It is also really cheap, the most expensive thing you have to buy is the carving tools. Mine are by speedball, and I got the tool with 2 nib sizes from amazon for less than £10. Then you can get plain rubbers (yes, the kind you used back in school!) and literally draw your design on and carve away!
Tools!!! My Melody craft knife, speedball stamp carving tool, pack of white erasers from the £1 shop

You can make simple tiny shapes using the eraser on the end of a pencil! Perfect for geometric shapes!

Stamps! 2 washi style patterns, an owl and a bow
Practicing :) You can see my original owl picture too
Mr and Mrs Owl gift tag


For some more detailed tutorials and to see where I got some inspiration from, check out these fun links!

Sampler page!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment